- Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
- James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland
- University of Queensland, Gatton, Queensland
- University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales
- Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
- University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria
- University of Adelaide, Roseworthy, South Australia
- Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
The Australian Veterinary Association (AVA) is the professional organisation that represents veterinarians across Australia. The New Zealand Veterinary Association (NZVA) is the membership association representing New Zealand veterinarians.
The Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists (ANZCVS) is a membership organisation for veterinarians who have developed particular expertise in a nominated subject area. To become a Member of the College a candidate must have at least four years’ postgraduate experience as a veterinarian and have successfully completed both written and oral/practical examinations. College Fellowship is associated with scholarly and technical excellence at a level even higher than that of a Member. Standards required for training and examination in Fellowship subjects meet or exceed the prerequisites for registration as a Veterinary Specialist in Australia and/or New Zealand.
Each state and territory of Australia, as well as New Zealand, has a Board responsible for registering veterinary practitioners (including specialists), licensing veterinary hospitals and investigating complaints about the practice of veterinary science in their jurisdiction. The respective Boards are listed below.
- Veterinary Surgeons Board of Queensland
- Veterinary Practitioners Board of New South Wales
- ACT Veterinary Surgeons Board
- Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria
- Veterinary Board of Tasmania
- Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia
- Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of Western Australia
- Veterinary Board of the Northern Territory
- Veterinary Council of New Zealand
The registration boards of Australia and New Zealand work together through the Australasian Veterinary Boards Council (AVBC).